Friday, March 6, 2009

Yesterday is History...

There is an old saying:

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That's why it is called the present."

I have been doing much meditating as of late and found that I have the natural knack for polarizing everything in my life. Seldom is there ever gray as apposed to black and white, or just 'fine' as apposed to bad or good.

And yet I live in sort of an in-between too. But that is tempered by worry. Worry, worry, worry.

I have decided tonight I am not going to worry. I will take one moment at a time and deal with things as they come.

Anticipating is not one of those things people cannot readily afford anymore. A watched tea kettle never boils, and waiting and waiting and waiting for something to happen does not make it come any faster.

I can apply this principle to a great many of things which I anticipate will be happening within the next month or so.

Even the next week or so.

Or the next minute or so.

Or the next...

Time flies when you're having pun.

All joking aside, Katrina has had bronchitis, and while there were a great many reasons why I was prepared to go back to work with a full broadside for a defense, getting to stay at home and play the part of 'mom' has been bliss (unless, of course, you count suctioning bloody snot out of your child's face less than endearing...which I do, to some degree). I didn't realize how much I miss her, and watching her walk off with her daycare provider in the mornings stings. Sometimes she calls the other woman mom. And I am left to be called 'daddy'.

I love her. Very, very much.

On a political note, while waiting to be seen at the ER for Katrina's cough, Glenn Beck was being interviewed by Today's hosts about the economic stimulus plan. He mentioned that the reason why America is in financial turmoil is because of bad credit and enormous amounts of credit card debt. Further tearing apart Obama's stimulus package, he called the whole plan "foolhardy" and a "double standard" because the Obama Administration campaigned on the idea that credit is the reason we are in this situation to begin with, and yet it borrowed against the American people on the same system of credit, furthering the deficit with the same bad business practices that most Americans have been guilty of for the last decade. I ask, where is the moral reprimand? Why aren't people being held accountable for this? Why are people taking out credit cards when they know they have absolutely no vested interest in paying the damn things back?

Credit is much like reputation...my mother can often times be quoted saying, "It takes a lifetime to build a reputation, and a second to destroy it." You may spend years upon years building up that perfect credit score, and yet in the blink of an eye in a bad decision you can utterly tear your life apart. Borrowing without intending to return the favor or pay it back is just that...destroying your credit. The very word "credit" merits no true financial motive from its earliest usage...credit originally meant one's honor. Credit is basically an honor system...I borrow from you, and I'll return the favor.

Feh. Financial morality is bogus. You go, Glenn.

Anytahooms, I've also come to realize that I have been drawing in one style for so long it's kind of hard to change it up a little bit. The below piece was an attempt at manga...a Japanese art form most notable for its detailed work. I find I have no patience to spend on details. Maybe that's why I have trouble focusing on tiny things, even though I *LOVE* macrophotography.

Not sure why it's "Gift from the Sea". I think it has something to do with my Squidgette (Katrina), not sure what though. This piece is completely different from what I had originally intended.

Woof.

No comments: