Saturday, March 7, 2009

A Run That Turned into an Adventure

So I'm still training for the NYC Marathon.

Today was a glorious, warm day and since Katrina's antibiotics have kicked in, I decided we both needed some fresh air since we've been cooped up for a week. Went on a training run with her down by the old part of Fort Tompkins, the old Civil War-era fort that Fort Wadsworth is physically built on top of.

And found...

<.<

>.>

a place I had never seen before.

A part of the old fort NOT sectioned off by a locked fence.

With doorways.

And tunnels.

YES, TUNNELS.

And heavy wooden doors laced with steel bolts that look like something out of Indiana Jones.

And they OPENED.

I am completely muddy. Hee hee.

Ooooh man have I got some exploring to do.

Doorways under old arches.

Cannonades overgrown with wild vines.

*melt*

Look out, folks...

I'm off to get my adventure pants!

No comments: