Friday, June 12, 2009

The Power of My Species

There are a few cartoonists out there that have captured my attention, rapture, imagination, intensive study, etc...

Charles Schulz.

Walter Elias Disney.

Tex Avery.

Iwao Takamoto.

Tracy Butler.

Jack Zander.

Walter Lantz.

Aimee Major.

Takeuchi Naoko.

Jeff Bacon.

Greg Evans.

John McPherson.

Bill Amend.

Bill Watterson.

Kevin Swearingen (before his style took a more...eh...inappropriate turn, even moreso than usual).

That is just to name a few. There's something about the styles of these individuals that I have either found so simplistic as to be perfection, or have borrowed certain elements as practice, or have found their style is similar to my own, etc. But I rediscovered a cartoonist the other night whose cartoons have me splitting sides, curling toes and generally laughing my arse off. And no, when I say "splitting sides", I don't mean the broadside of a barn.

Her name is Katie Tiedrich of the universe Awkward Zombie.

Don't know much about her. But will eventually.

She generally tends to mock the video gaming industry, though she herself (through her Universe), appears to be a gamer. Coming from my background, I find this absolutely hillarious, and you would have had to have been exposed to certain gaming platforms and systems to understand.

Not to mention she punts puppies.

LOL

Without further adieu, the link to her panel that has had me laughing all week because I do the EXACT same thing:

http://www.awkwardzombie.com/comic1-072108.php

By the way, the ink-children are upset. Even Essgee has switched back to travel form (Essential Genius: the puff-ball with ginormous fangs...what isn't essentially genius about that?)

I must remember to be on time to my own rehersals and productions...

1 comment:

SparkLog 1524 said...

I personally think there was never a gasket to blow...