Ow.
I would really like to do a rant post about how should-be-ousted-tied-to-a-stake-and-burned-keel-hauled-flogged-tar-and-feathered South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford (R-SC)and all the rest of the non-committal society that comprises the American populace should be dragged out to the street and shot, but coming from that kind of background myself (on the receiving end of shame, much as Jenny Sanford, who has my prayers right now), I COULD be considered a biased source. Besides, it is not merely men who feel the pangful lustings of forbidden loins and hoola hoops, but women also seek out that sexual free-for-all.
I started to think of socialogical and biological brain candy which makes these things happen. (And YES, Virginia, this post IS riddled with uber-sarcasm.)
IS it possible for both men and women to have a lifetime committed relationship? Genetically speaking we are designed with a basic instinctual nature of selecting (and directing, and a whole lot of -ecting) the candidate with the most promising genes. For example, *I* like tall men. Didn't know why for the longest time, but giving it over to some thought I have determined that because their sheer size alone implies robust genes (big strong man can take care of himself! Children will be big strong men/women! Make babies live longer! UHG UHG!)...
...or maybe it's them damn gazelle-like legs that make them elegant. I dunno. O.o
But in nature we find examples of animals who select and breed for life without any indication of cheating on their spouse. For example, the cardinal. I've never seen a documentary on how this little guy plays his chickz.
Get it?! HAHAHAHAHAHA!
OMG shoot me. >.<
I am really in no condition to be writing seriously. But, I will say this:
LOVE is a CHOICE. And *I* chose to love FAITHFULLY.
Anytahooms...
here's a cartoon I thought of in the middle of a restaurant while having brunch with Katrina. I laughed aloud so hard I spat egg across the table and was publically shunned by waiters and mothers alike (not really...it's a fun visual to paint, but I did laugh.)
SURELY y'all remember the Cabbage Patch Kid fad from the 1980's, right?
Well, there jut so happens to be a 5th installment of Indiana Jones coming up too...

1 comment:
My first husband was a tom cat (no pun intended --- well, maybe a little). My second and current husband had an unfaithful first wife. (After 20 years she left him to marry her college professor; has anyone heard of sexual harassment? It was in the mid 70's, tho'.)
When we married (on New Year's Eve so the whole world would celebrate with us), we promised mutual monogamy. It's not hard to be faithful and true. For me it just means avoiding situations in which I might be tempted. I've trusted my husband to make several international trips without me (Taxco, Mexico; Brazil - 3 times; China; France; England; Scotland; Germany) without any concern about his fidelity. He gave me his word, and I gave him mine.
Now many years after we made our vows to each other before God and man, we still love each other and are committed to each other.
I wish you the same joy.
Post a Comment