Hm. And I thought Communism was just a red herring.
I've been hearing mounting protest to the economic stimulus plan, an idea I was somewhat against, but then again, was against all of the ideas soming out of Washington. Now I am even more convinced that this step has been incorrect, though I am still waiting with baited breath to see what actually happens. Like I said, nothing coming out of D.C. seems appropriate in the present circumstance, but nothing changes overnight.
Fabrication money we don't have to stimulate money inflow just doesn't make sense to me. A small daily paper here in the Big Apple, AMNewYork, also reported that we are continuing to donate buillions of dollars to foreign aid. Foreign aid! When here we ourselves are begging for loans from the industrilizaed nations of the world. While I have always been in agreement with sharing our wealth, medical expertise and other materialisms with those less fortunate, we need to make sure that *WE* are taken care of first before we give handouts away.
It's like being on an aircraft that loses cabin pressure. They always tell you to put your face mask on first before assisting someone else. Yeesh.
Another sore spot for me is the lack of discipline in today's youth. What is with all this "sexting" and kids attacking people? It is surely a sign of the times where parents need to work extra jobs in order to make ends meet and rely on a cruel world...nay...even a school of hard knocks, to teach their kids respect and discipline. People need to get back to the family mentality, to a semblence of morality, and stop placing value on frivulous things. Teaching your children the value of thrift and wise spending is the surest way of fixing our social-economic problems.
Speaking of a manifesto of morality, since when did the Pope start thinking unprotected sex was the answer to solving the disease issues of Africa? People are animalistic in nature and by very design (I believe in a dogma and theory that evolution did take place, but God granted us that little spark we call "cognizant being"), so we maintain a certain level of instinctuality. Part of that is reproduction. Preaching abstinence to a culture that prides itself on intellectual capacity but still breeds like jackrabbits in a snowstorm with the furnace on too high is not the ONLY answer. If you ban contraceptive use, all you're going to end up with is more babies. With disease. Not a good thing, Sir Benedict.
On a lighter note, Katrina is...herself.
And Essgee is up to her usual tricks...

No comments:
Post a Comment