Sunday, January 4, 2009

My Daughter's Battle Mount

What would you say if you walked into my home and found a bronzed rhinoceros sitting in the middle of my living room?

If you asked me, "Why do you have a bronzed rhinoceros in the middle of your living room?", I would be inclined to answer in the most God-awful English accent you've ever heard:

"EEEEEEeeeeeoooooooo, thaht would be from the Zahriri Expedition to sooutharn Africka when I and my guide Azsahari came acrosss a GINORMOUS rhineeeew. EEEEEeeeeeeeooooo, we were hunting rhinew thaht dayee, as they are aull such gewd sports aboot it. He chahrged me like a wyld beeest and I shot 'im point-blank rahnge in his forehed. Instead of having tha bloke stuffed, I had him BRONZED, and thar he sits!"

(I can see you blinking in confusion on the other side of your monitor.)

But anyway, there is a bronzed rhinoceros (quite dead, I think) at the Staten Island Mall in the Ecko Unlimited store that my daughter just adores. We went by it today and she said she wanted to ride it.

Ohhh ho ho! ALL RIGHT!!!

No cutsey My Little Toothpaste Ponies for MY baby girl to ride...

SHE GETS A FRICKEN' GINORMOUS RHINO-STEED.

yay. I am complete.

I have been off to make war on other worlds, leaving my dear Grink the Skink in charge of that wonderful thing called...

(DUN DUN DUN....)

babysitting.

I have no problem with Katrina taking the ol' mounted charge out for a spin...just so long as she's back by eleven and she wears that authentic Roman general helmet I got her for Christmas.

Grink the Skink didn't think it was funny.



2 comments:

SparkLog 1524 said...

Did you actually BUY that bronzed rhino?!

Sparks said...

Come ON, Sparky...what the heck would -I- do with a giant bronzed rhino?

Hee hee...the possibilities are ENDLESS.